The ASAA offers a variety of programs, including grant opportunities of up to $10,000.These are given to qualifying public, home and private schools. To qualify, at least 30% of the total student body must receive free or reduced lunch.
These much-needed grants go towards:
- After-school program administration: Funds can be used to pay for staff, program materials, snacks for students, and criminal background checks for workers.
- Student fees: Funds go towards program fees, field trip expenses and transportation costs.
- Transportation: Funds go towards transportation to and from activities and field trips in a safe manner. This can include airfare, train, bus or Uber/Lyft services.
- Program resources: Funds go towards materials, competition fees and snacks.
- Volunteer assistance and payments: Funds can be used for membership fees, payment for after school work, awards and professional development.
- After school program materials: Grants for programs up to $1000 go towards programs such as:
- Rubik’s Cube – Enrichment and STEM activities after school through the use of a Rubik’s Cube to solve puzzles and think outside the box. It also teaches direction, focus and trains the brain.
- Lego – Bricks 4 Kidz After-School Classes use Lego blocks to deliver educational and fun playtime activities.
- Engineer for the Week – Facebook’s Engineer for the Week (EFTW) aims to teach the world of technology to students and empower them to explore engineering and computer science skills.
The ASAA will assist with after-school program creation with free program consultations and free creation and materials. We also help with volunteer referrals by conducting preliminary interviews and provide marketing to assist volunteers.